Coconut oil is known for its magical properties and can be used to aid many health and beauty-related issues. It is extremely versatile in nature and can be used for hair and skin benefits. And, its medicinal properties have shown to work wonders on the body, making it extremely popular.
If you haven’t noticed the recent trending word of using coconut oil as a perfect remedy for your skin and hair problems you should probably get in on it immediately. Here are 6 reasons why you should start using coconut oil.
Coconut Oil for Hair
Coconut oil can be a very good remedy for your hair problems. It can cure almost every typical hair problem that you face in your daily life. There are several coconut oil benefits for hair, it makes the hair softer, reduces dandruff, reduces hair fall, reduces itchy scalp, prevents damage from other hair products or treatments, and keeps your hair healthy. You will find almost every hair-related article or video to include coconut oil in their remedies at least once if not more. Plus, it can be added to make hair masks or packs.
Let’s look at coconut oil benefits for hair in detail below:
1. Coconut oil against dandruff - Coconut oil has been proven to be an extremely good remedy for dandruff. Dandruff is caused by an increase of fungus or yeast on the scalp; it may be a flakey or oily kind and is known to be very difficult to get rid of. Coconut oil has proven to have antimicrobial properties (an agent which kills microorganisms or stops their growth) which is an effective treatment against dandruff.
2. Coconut oil helps to reduce hair fall - Coconut oil has been an age-old remedy for hair loss. You have probably heard stories of your grandparents only using coconut oil for their entire lives and how beautiful their hair used to be; they weren’t wrong. Coconut oil has been used as a remedy for numerous hair problems; it could be hair loss, thinning, or dry scalp. Coconut oil has lauric acid which helps to bind the protein inside your hair, protects the roots and strands preventing them from breakage. The use of coconut oil over time can help keep your hair in a good condition and even encourage hair regrowth.
3. Coconut oil promotes hair growth - Coconut oil enhances hair growth and works as a natural moisturizer. It has also proven to work as a UV filter again sun damage; found to have a sun protection factor of 8. Coconut oil hair benefits are numerous and it acts as a natural protection for the hair. It penetrates the hair shaft and with a good hair massage, it also improves blood circulation. Coconut oil has anti-microbial, anti-bacterial, and emollient properties, and since it is a natural product; there are no side effects. Coconut oil is also rich in antioxidants which promotes hair growth and keeps the hair moisturized and soft.
Coconut Oil for Skin
Coconut oil can be consumed and applied to the skin as a remedy to several skin-related problems. Consuming coconut oil is good for the body as it improves cholesterol, promotes weight loss, prevents skin diseases, boosts immunity, reduces irritation and inflammation, etc. Coconut oil benefits for skin are endless; it is also used for anti-aging, healing sunburns, treating acne, treating minor cuts and scrapes, and conditioning the skin. Since coconut oil has many healing properties it is used to make face packs, lotion, face cream, medicine, etc.
Let’s look at coconut oil benefits for skin in detail below:
1. Coconut oil against skin conditions - Virgin coconut oil has antifungal and antibacterial properties that help to relieve skin irritation (dermatitis) and treat skin conditions such as eczema. According to researchers, it’s as effective as the popular antifungal medicine, fluconazole in treating ‘Candida Albicans’. Plus, it can also be used as a natural deodorant due to its antibacterial properties.
The antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties of coconut oil also help to treat athlete's foot, diaper rashes, acne, redness, etc. The lauric acid and capric acid helps to replenish the protective acid layer of the skin and soothes inflammation. Coconut oil is also used for treating minor cuts as an anti-bacterial and healing agent.
2. Coconut oil for anti-aging - Virgin coconut oil is used as an anti-aging remedy because it stimulates the turnover of collagen, which prevents wrinkles. Regular use of coconut oil to the skin reduces signs of aging and promotes healthier-looking skin. You can also apply coconut oil on your skin to protect it from the harmful UV rays of the sun.
3. Coconut oil protects the skin - Coconut oil has proven to show amazing results on the skin. It contains healthy dietary fats and fatty acids known as medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) that help reduce dryness and allows your skin to stay moisturized for long periods of time. It creates a protective layer and shields your skin from environmental dirt, toxins, and other impure substances. Applying coconut oil to your skin can immediately show improvement making your skin smooth and soft.
4. It can help improve wound healing - Studies have shown that coconut oil offers strong anti-inflammatory effects that help to reduce inflammation. Thus, you can apply a small amount of coconut oil on minor cuts or scrapes to speed up healing and reduce inflammation.
Coconut oil is very beneficial for health-related issues. It encourages growth and protection against many environmental and physical ailments. Coconut oil is rich in anti-fungal, anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory properties and it also contains antioxidants. Not only can it be applied basically anywhere on the body, but it can also be consumed. Since it is a natural product it doesn’t have side effects but only healthy benefits. And an extra tip is that you can even use coconut oil as a makeup remover, it does wonders on your skin and also smells great.
Now that you understand how beneficial coconut oil can be, you should order one for yourself to have radiant, natural, and youthful-looking skin. Extra Virgin Coconut Oil from Coconutty is a great option that won’t disappoint you.